Sunday, May 30, 2010

Dennis Hopper's Last Meal with Terrylene

First a moment of silence for the late, great and misunderstood genius Dennis Hopper.

Well when I started this blog, I had all kinds of ideas about what I was going to do with it but instead, just started writing, and as many things do, it just "got started". At this point, the beginning,.....it looks like a lazy woman's guide to cooking...hmmmmm....

Case in point---no one but me for dinner last night and I could have ordered pizza but I chose to "cook" instead. What I did was only slightly lazy I guess....lightly fried a ground chuck burger, seasoned with lemon pepper & garlic pepper and eaten as a "steak", along with some of my secret stash of pasta from Italy and a decent jarred marinara sauce. Greek salad completed the meal and later in the evening while watching "The Hangover" (did you know that Asian guy in the trunk is from Greensboro?)...some creme brulee (obviously not from scratch - Fresh Market helped out here). Drank some lovely white table wine.

Today, my oldest moves back home for a few days while his new place is being finished. My crafting room is being filled up with a kid again - oh dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment